and all around Umbria waiting for you
Casale Santo Iolo
It is a big country house, modernly renovated but with an antique soul, consisting of two units:
– Cabernet Countryhouse
perfect for 9 people, with the possibility of adding 1 single bed on request (50 euros extra, linens and towels included)
– Dependance Vermentino
perfect for 2 people + 1 sofa bed queen size
Cabernet Countryhouse is in a panoramic position on the top of a hill and has an area of 300 square meters, spread over two floors
Cabernet Countryhouse has a surface of 300 square meters distributed on two floors.
On the ground floor you will find:
– a spacious kitchen furnished with electrical appliances (dishwasher, oven, microwave oven, fridge, freezer), a table for 8 people and a fireplace
– a hallway furbished
– A bay window where once there was a pigsty
– A livingroom that was the old cow stable. In fact the brick arch is lightly worn by the passage of the cows going to the manger. It features a beautiful chestnut beamed ceiling, a handmade “terra cotta” floor, a big fireplace, tv, armchairs, sofas, and a 19th century 10-seat dining table.
– A bedroom with a double bed, an antique closet and a window overlooking a centuries old oak
– A bathroom with an anteroom, wash basin, wc, bidet and shower
– A bathroom with wash basin, wc and washing machine
On the first floor we have:
– A large bedroom with double bed that overlooks two sides of the house, the east and north of the garden with the swimming pool in the background. A closet, a writing desk and a chest from the early 800’s
– An ensuite bathroom with tub, wash basin, wc and bidet
– A bedroom with double bed and two large windows facing the south side of the garden
– A big room with three single beds and three windows overlooking the garden and a mezzanine floor which has two windows overlooking a centuries old oak.
– A bathroom with shower, wash basin, wc and bidet is located on the landing
All the doors of the country house are from the 1700s and the floors are all handmade “terra cotta” tile.
The garden of Cabernet Countryhouse has an area of about 4500 square meters, mostly lawn and with large trees: olive trees, a centuries old oak, maples, fruit trees, and many roses. The panorama is 360 degrees on the surrounding hills and on our vineyards. The salt water swimming pool is about 50 meters away from the main house and is equipped with shower and foot wash basin. It has a large staircase for access to the water where you can relax on the water’s edge. It is equipped with a thatched pergola, floating loungers and deck chairs.
The garden is furnished with a large table (seating up to 12 people) under a pergola of American grape, perfect for open-air luncheons and dinners. A porch perfect for relax. The farmhouse has an adjoining chicken coop, but separate from the structure. If you want you can visit our hens, “the girls” as we like to call them, and even collect their eggs.
The hens, like the garden, will be cared for by our gardener and if you like, you can keep them free in the garden.
A little nest with a surface of 60 square meters provided with all comforts, in an indipendent and bright garden
It was once an annex to the main house, today enjoys autonomy and personality. It is fenced and the entrance is completely independent, as are the parking and the garden. The access is through stairs.
The Dependance has a surface of 60 square meters divided as follows:
• A living room with TV and sofa bed and an antique carpenter table
• A large kitchen with a peninsula that integrate harmoniously with the livingroom. The kitchen includes: stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and washing machine and table for 4 people. Three windows and a French door make it a beautiful bright environment.
• A bathroom with wash basin, wc, bidet and a shower with a fresco inside.
• A room with a double bed and a relaxation corner with two armchairs. The head board was originally an antique painted door.
Heating, A/C and wifi
The Dependance Garden
The garden has an area of about 300 square meters, is fenced and for exclusive use of the house. You will find a table under the wisteria pergola, two sunbeds, an outdoor shower with hot water and steps in gravel and tuff facing the sunset for a panoramic aperitif on the hills. The garden can be easily connected to that of Cabernet Country house through two entrances that you may decide whether to keep open or closed.